Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Baby Shower for Melanee!

Tyler and Ozma invited me to a baby shower they were throwing for their friend, Melanee, this evening. I met Melanee once when Tyler invited Chris and me over for Family Home Evening and I was secretly hoping to see her again. She's having a boy. This will be her and her husband, Dax's, first child. I am so excited for her! Even though I haven't spent much time with her, I can tell she is going to be an awesome mom. Melanee and Dax are so cute together.

It was so fun to spend time with Ozma this evening. The only thing I feel bad about is that I can't communicate with her because she only speaks Spanish and I only speak English, but Tyler assures me that she likes me. I felt better after he told me that because, let's face it, I will never be able to speak another language. I can barely speak English! :) Because of that, the car ride over to the shower was pretty silent. If I could speak Spanish, I would, but I'm not that talented.


Even though I don't know Melanee very well, I think she is pretty awesome. Her smile just lights up a room. While I was at the shower, I could tell that she genuinely cares about other people. She even remembered my name! That made me really happy. I hope we stay in touch and are friends for a really long time!

I'm so glad that Melanee, Tyler, and Ozma are my friends and that we get along so well. I love those three and am really grateful that they are kind and included me into their cluster of friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment