Friday, May 9, 2014

Adjustments

Now that we have a new member in the family, it is hard to adjust to some things Chris and I had to change so Buddy can stay with us. I have to get used to taking him outside to use the bathroom and cleaning up after him (it's not as bad as I thought it would be). We've kind of got Buddy on a schedule. We wake up at 5 AM and go outside so he can go to the bathroom. Then we come back to our apartment. About an hour later, I take him outside to use it again. We've got that one down for the most part. I have to get used to his smell (I will admit it. He stinks). I have to get used to his curiosity about everything. We have to keep all our doors shut so he doesn't get into our shoes in the closet or the toilet paper in the bathroom (Buddy chewed up my brown flip flop- he didn't take both of them; he only took one- a couple of weeks ago and I thought I had all the doors shut. Apparently, I didn't. At least it gives me the excuse to go shoe shopping!). I have to watch him constantly which isn't that big of a deal since I'm home all day every day.

It's interesting how much work goes into everything that you're involved in whether it's a new job, starting a family, moving out of an apartment, moving into a house, etc. One decision really affects millions of people. It affects the people you love and associate with whether it's your family, friends, or neighbors. It's also interesting how sometimes I wish I could go back and fix whatever mistake I made that one day, but if I changed even one tiny decision, I would not be where I am today. All the decisions and mistakes I've made have made me who I am today and I'm pretty proud of where I'm at now. I've been happily married for almost two years. I live in Live Oak, Texas and have made some unforgettable friends here. I have a puppy that I just adore. It's funny how one tiny decision can make your entire day so much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment