Thursday, May 1, 2014

Friend or Foe?

Why is it that people can be so nice to others, but then turn around and be so vicious to that one specific person? I don't understand how others can be so mean to certain individuals because of whatever reason. I mean, no one can be happy all the time, but do they really have to take it out on other people, especially the people they love? I've tried to wrap my head around this, but I just don't understand.

We are commanded to love one another, especially our families. We are all sons and daughters of a loving Heavenly Father which makes us all brothers and sisters. We are one big family and we should become one big happy family. We need to reach out to those who have gone astray and plead with them to come back onto the path of righteousness. 

I suggest we all try and treat others more like we want to be treated. I'm not an expert at this by any means, but I'm trying to be a little better every day. I know that others can be mean to certain individuals for whatever reason. I've been on the other side of the glass and I'm sure everyone else has too, but we need to keep in mind that they are Heavenly Father's children just like we are. If Christ came back to the earth this very day, could you answer honestly how you have treated all of His children without feeling guilty? Could you tell Him that you loved them unconditionally? Could you tell Christ that you have tried your hardest to become more like Him? Could you tell Him you treated your family with the kindness and respect that they deserve from you? Could you tell Heavenly Father that they treated you with that same kindness and respect because you gave them that in return? Now, I know certain people can drive us bananas sometimes (believe me, I know), but we still need to treat others the way Christ would treat them.

This is not going to be easy. It hasn't been easy for me. If I could give some people the "what for" I really would :), but I need to keep reminding myself that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love them just as much as They love me. I need to love others because Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love me. This is something that I constantly and continually work on every single day.

To whoever is reading this, let me challenge something to you. I challenge you to be nicer and kinder to those individuals that drive you bananas. I need to take this challenge too. Maybe they will understand that we are all God's children and that we should love each other. Maybe they will realize that we weren't as bad as they thought we were. Maybe they will recognize that they need us as much as we need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment