Monday, February 3, 2014

Rotten Luck

Chris called me from work at about 6 AM. I didn't recognize the number so I didn't answer the first time (plus, I was still half asleep). He called again so I answered. Chris said that a car swerved into him which made made him roll the truck three times this morning as he was driving to work. I freaked out and asked if he was okay. Chris said he was, but he said the truck was in pretty bad shape.

Chris really scared me. He could've died and I wouldn't have known a thing. He wanted me to get a car when we first moved here to San Antonio, but I didn't think I would drive it. Now I'm thinking that getting a car might not be such a bad idea after all.

I think we might just be having bad luck with his truck. When we started hanging out together, Chris bought his truck. He came by to my house to show me. We were going to go for a short drive. It was a shorter ride than I thought it was going to be. We got maybe 5 inches away from home, and he hits my next door neighbor's (Her name's Deena) mailbox. So, Chris gives her a call. She didn't answer so he left a message. He said something along these lines (I can't remember it word for word), "Hi. This is Chris Gibson. I'm a friend of Delaney's. I just hit your mailbox. Let me know what I can do to fix it. Thanks so much." I guess when Deena heard Chris's message, she laughed. She thought it was the most hilarious thing. My dad actually fixed it when he didn't have to work. Chris was upset because he wanted to be the one to fix it since he was the one who did it. To this day, Deena has never let him forget it. I wished we would've figured out the bad luck sooner.

When Chris came home, we started shopping for cars online. We looked at a couple on the Internet, but we haven't decided on one yet. We are going to look at a Subaru Legacy tomorrow. I guess that's the bright side of this situation. We will be getting a new car! It'll be so much fun. I am really excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment