Friday, February 14, 2014

Favorite Poem, A Little Surprise, and A Rodeo

Since today's Valentine's Day, I was in the mood to share one of my favorite poems. It was written by my great grandmother, Barbara Evalyne Grover. It's called "Happiness." If any of you readers were in my seminary class in high school, I think you should have this memorized by now. I've shared it enough during Scripture Power. ;)
I wished I remembered Great Grandma Grover. I was only a little girl when she passed away. When I lived with my parents, there was this sweet lady in our ward and she always told me how much I looked like a Grover. I took that as a compliment. I didn't think I looked anything like my family so it was nice that someone told me that I did. :)

Chris gave me a new purse and some chocolates for Valentine's Day. He also got himself a new tie which is PINK! That's saying something because he hates the color pink, but I love it on him. It makes him sparkle! ;) I love my new purse. I needed one so bad. My purse was getting old. I was not expecting that. I'm so glad he gave it to me. I love that boy so much.


Chris, Cyrus, and I went to a rodeo this evening. It was like a carnival (and they called it a rodeo. Weird, I know). I got a drawing of Mickey and Minnie Mouse. It's really cute. 


We also went on a couple of rides (I wasn't a big fan of them, but Cyrus wanted me to go with him) and we had a funnel cake. It was filling, but it was good. We had a fun time together. Then again, Cyrus can make anything into a fun time. He is such a good friend to Chris and me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment