Monday, January 20, 2014

Our Military Family

Chris and I got to meet Hunter Wimpee's (yes, that is his last name believe it or not) wife, Tosha, the other day. Hunter works with Chris. It was fun to meet her. We got to see each other again this evening. We went out to eat and enjoyed each other's company. It's so nice that one of Chris's coworkers is married. I told Chris that I was very excited to meet his friends that are married (I assumed all of them would be) in the Air Force, but none of his friends are married except Hunter. Don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with being single (I loved being single) because I get along with all of his friends, but it's also nice to know that Chris and I aren't the only married couple in the group.

All of Chris's friends in our group have become our military family. They are all so much fun. We hang out just about every weekend. I'm glad that we have our own little military family here. I only know of one friend of Chris's that's LDS which is fun. His name's Marco Martinez. He and his family are pretty cool. I like his wife, Valeria. She's fun to hang out with.

Clockwise: Tosha's Dad, Hunter, Tosha, Sergio, Catherine, Beth, Brian, McKenzie, Me, Chris, and Cyrus
I'm so grateful to have these friends in my life. I didn't think I would know anyone who works with Chris. I didn't know we'd be hanging out together as much as we do. It's nice to know that they will always be there for us. I'm so glad that Chris joined the military. If he didn't, I probably wouldn't know any of these awesome people.

Chris is a surgical technologist right now. He's the one that hands the tools to the surgeon. We were talking about the military a while ago. He said he wanted to stay in the military for about five years and get out and go back home to Shelley, Idaho. But, a while later, he told me he wants to become a chaplain instead. He said if he does that, we'll probably stay in for the full 20 years. I think he's set on becoming a chaplain. To be honest, I was surprised when he told me. As long as he's happy, I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment