Thursday, January 9, 2014

Giving Service and Education

I babysat Monique Baldea's little boy, John-Louis, for a couple hours this afternoon. Nancy Ford called me and asked me to babysit him. Monique is the secretary in the Primary. She has always been such a sweetheart to me. I really like her. Nancy was going to leave because she had an appointment to be at, but because John-Louis was fussing quite a bit, she rescheduled and stayed with me. Nancy said he isn't used to other babysitters and he just started teething so that was most of the problem. Poor little guy. I felt so bad. I just wanted to take it all away from him, but I don't have the ability to do that. John-Louis stared at me like I was a stranger the whole time, which I was to him. He is such a cutie. He clung to Nancy the entire time, but it was fun to help out.

I had my first Gathering tonight for my classes. It was so fun to see Elder and Sister Heller again. They are the Pathway missionaries. They are so nice. I always get hugs from Sister Heller and she is always so kind to me. She's always making sure that I'm doing okay. It is so nice to talk to her. I loved seeing my classmates again. We always have a party in our classes together. They are so fun to be around. I love hearing their insights on the lessons and I love learning from them. It was also fun to see Sister Petersen again. She's my teacher for my Book of Mormon class. She's fun. That class is so hard though. She gives us quizzes on what we've read about at the beginning of class and I did horrible on them last semester. I pray I do much better this semester. I'm going to need all the help I can get!

What's also neat about this semester is that I know my instructor's sister. My instructor's name is Sister Scott. Her sister, Miss Niederer (aka Mrs. Barker), teaches at Hobbs Middle School in Shelley, Idaho, where Chris and I are from. I never had Miss Niederer, but my sisters loved her. I thought that was so cool. I had to call my mom after I found out.

I have a good feeling about this semester. I hope I do really well. I try to do my very best and sometimes, it's not good enough. I still strive to work hard in whatever I do. I want to get good grades and set a good example for my children (someday) of how important education should be to them. Education was important to my grandpa, my Gran, my mom, and all of my aunts. I hope to keep the tradition alive and do well in this course and prove to others how important education is to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment