Monday, January 6, 2014

A New Semester of School...Wish Me Luck!

My next class for the Pathway Program started online today. I'm taking an English 106 class and I'm taking the second part of my Book of Mormon class. I was a little nervous to start another class, but this will be good for me. We have our first Gathering on Thursday. A Gathering is where we meet and discuss what we have learned while doing our lessons online. It's a fun opportunity to meet others who are in the same boat as you. I'm so glad I have wonderful classmates because I thought I was going to be the only one in the world doing this program. Thank goodness I'm not! :)

I've never been really good at writing. I'm good, but not that good. I mean, I can write stories at home on the computer and English has been one of my best subjects, but when I've been given a topic that I have to write a paper on, that's a whole different story.

A cool thing about this class is that all the students are part of a "Speaking Partner Program." While doing the lessons each week, we have to meet with a student who is learning to read, write, listen to, and speak English. We are supposed to video chat with them through Skype which will be cool (if Skype works). I've never been the best teacher so this will be a learning experience for me. I mean, I've taught my husband what I was learning last semester because I had to do a thing called "Teach a Friend" for my homework assignment, but working with someone who is learning English sounds like a bit of a challenge. Say a prayer for me, because I'm going to need it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment