Saturday, January 11, 2014

A Wonderful Evening

Chris and I got to see Bryan Searle and his wife, Mary, yesterday. Bryan is in our family's Stake presidency back in Shelley. I always call him President Searle because of it. My dad called me early in the week and told me that they were coming down for business and that they wanted to see us. Then, President Searle called me and we made plans. It was so nice he called me and actually made the plans. It was so sweet of him to take time out of his busy schedule to come down and see Chris and me. We went out to Saltgrass Steakhouse on the Riverwalk for dinner yesterday evening. We talked about how our families were doing. President Searle has a son, Eric, who's Jared's age. We talked about him a little bit too. President Searle said Eric and I had a "brother, sister" relationship. I hope that's how it always will be. I was his first date in high school. I asked him out to a dance. Also, I've always called him "Kewel Eric." I'm not sure why, but I do and I probably always will. He's on a mission in Peru and his parents say he's loving it. I email him a little just to catch up with him. He doesn't write much back, but I know he's busy. It was so fun to see President and Sister Searle.


Chris and I came home at one in the morning and we passed out. Chris had an even longer day because he had to work, but thankfully he didn't have to work today. I'm so grateful for all he does for me. He's the best hubby in the world and I'm so glad he's mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment