Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a safe and happy new year. Chris and I hung out at home for New Year's Eve. We played Phase 10 and watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince with his friends from work: Cyrus, Brian, Danielle, and Beth. The rest of his friends were out of town. It was good to see everyone. This was the first time I met Danielle. I like her. She's cool. We had pie, chips and dip, soda, sparkling cider, and pizza. It was so fun. I didn't think I would make it until midnight, but I did, with a stomach ache.

I was thinking about all the resolutions that I need to make for the upcoming year. Some resolutions I've made are: to cook more (I'm a horrible cook and I need to be better at that), to help out more around the apartment, to read more in the Book of Mormon every day, to play my piano every day, and to attend the temple more often with Chris.

I love this holiday season. It gives us all an opportunity to start fresh and to begin again (sort of). I love that we can all become better in the new year. I encourage all of my readers out there to think of something you need to work on and work really hard on it this next year. I will take this challenge too because I have so many things I need to work on, along with my other resolutions I've made.

I hope we can all strive to be those better people this upcoming year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment