Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Chris and I had a relaxing Christmas. Chris made breakfast and we opened presents. It was so fun. We got presents from both of our families. I don't really have a favorite present, but it's been a blast. We also got to call my sister, Heather, for her birthday. It was nice to talk to her. I hope she had a good day. It was also nice that Chris had Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off. I got to have him all to myself!! :)

We got to Skype Jared with Chris's family. They Skyped us and then they went on their other computer where Jared was. It was so fun to talk to him. I wished we were back home for that, but it was so cool. I miss my little brother a lot, but I'm so glad Jared's doing well.

Christmas always gives me the opportunity to think of how much my Savior, Jesus Christ, has done for me. I'm so grateful that He suffered not just for my sins, but for the sins of the world, and I'm so thankful to know that He lives. I'm grateful for good parents and good teachers who have helped me on the path to righteousness. I'm thankful for good sisters and good in-laws who keep me on that path of righteousness. I'm grateful for the temple and that I can be with my family forever. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't be with my family again after this life. I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon and I know that it's true. I've read it so many times. I love that when I read it, I always feel the Spirit and I learn something new every time.

Christmastime brings up so many childhood memories. I remember when I was younger, every Christmas morning, me and my sisters would get ready for the day, put on our pajamas we received from our grandma and grandpa, eat breakfast, open Heather's birthday gifts, and then we could open our Christmas gifts (in that order). Plus, I'd always get a rubber bug or critter of some sort in my stocking from Mrs. Claus (my mom said she has a sense of humor). One year, my sister and I got big rubber spiders in our stockings. I reached my hand inside it. I felt it, threw it on the ground, and screamed as loud as I could. ;) The next morning, I opened the coat closet to grab something and I found one of them on the top shelf. Then, I went into the kitchen for breakfast, and I found the other one on the kitchen counter. My dad was laughing at me and told me that they're fake, but I'm still scared of them to this day. That's really embarrassing, but it is the truth so don't laugh at me! ;)

I was sad that I wasn't with my family for Christmas this year since we are really close, but I'm also grateful to start new traditions with Chris. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment