Friday, September 20, 2013

The Pathway Program

I've been starting some college classes. I heard about the Pathway Program through BYU-Idaho. My mom told me about it. She said I can get my Associate's degree through it. So I talked to Sister Hagey about it and she told me to "Go for it!" So one of my assignments was to introduce myself. Classmates comment on your assignments (they are supposed to comment on three of their classmates, I believe) and this one girl, her name's Hollie, commented on my introduction. The first thing she said was, "I love LOVE your name!" I thought that was so cool. I'm so grateful I've been able to start some classes. I'm taking a Life Skills class and a Book of Mormon class. I do my Life Skills class assignments online, which has been pretty fun, but kind of difficult because I have to post them on a certain date. I'm doing pretty well. I have a B- for now (I'll take it!). I never thought I'd be able to start school, but I'm very glad I have. I was told I can get an Associate's degree through this if I do well. So say a prayer for me because I'm going to need it! :)

So that's been keeping me busy. Chris has been busy with work, homework, and Young Men's (as usual). He has long days at work for the most part, and sleeps like there's no tomorrow. :) He's a silly boy, but I love him all the same. I love that he's working with the Youth. We have some pretty awesome Youth in our ward. I don't know them very well, but they are pretty cool. I'm still surprised there aren't Young Men in our apartment 24/7. :) I thought there would be, but there hasn't been anyone yet. Chris is so good with those boys.

The only downside of doing school is that I can't go with the Sister missionaries to lessons as often. I like going with them and helping out. I love to see how the Gospel can change someone's life. Usually, they text me and ask if Chris and I are able to go to one with them. I hate having to say no when I go to class. They are so great, though. I just wish I could be of more help to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment