Monday, December 23, 2013

Family Home Evening

Chris and I had Family Home Evening with Sara Comish and her family. Sara leads the music in Sacrament Meeting and her husband, James, is a Primary teacher. They have a little girl, Jade, who is just adorable, and a little girl, Emma, who is equally adorable.

We made sugar cookies. Jade talked my ear off. She yelled at Chris because he didn't do the cookies like she wanted him to. It was so cute. I had a good talk with Sara. I'm sad because I don't get to sit by her in Relief Society anymore, but seeing James in Primary kind of makes up for it.

Sara and I have become pretty good friends. I'm still getting to know her and her family, but I think it's safe to say that she's probably my best friend in the ward. It's nice to have one of those again. Sara's the biggest sweetheart ever. When we met, we instantly connected. One Sunday, I was telling her I am not a very good cook. That next week, Sara gave me a cookbook she had in college that had really easy recipes in it. She told me to try some of them (I've tried a few, but not very many).

It's crazy how much my family has grown in the last two years (well, almost two years): my sister-in-law got married in May, my three sisters gained a brother-in-law, plus I have these awesome in laws to add to my already amazing family. I am so blessed. There is no better time than the Christmas season to be reminded of how much we all have and how much we have to be grateful for. I'm so grateful for my Savior and that He and Heavenly Father have blessed me with good parents who are faithful, who go to Church, who try to do what is right, and who set good examples for their children to follow. I'm grateful for my testimony and for how much it has grown and has been strengthened over the years. I'm grateful to know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that He died and lives for us. I'm grateful for the scriptures and how I always learn something new when I read them. I'm grateful for the temple and that I know that families can be together forever. I don't know where I would be if I didn't know that. I want to be with my family for eternity. I am so grateful for a loving, kind, patient Heavenly Father who will always be there for me when I am struggling and who will help me when I am in need of His help. I'm grateful that I can talk to Him by just getting down on my knees and saying a prayer. I'm grateful for the priesthood. I'm so thankful that Chris lives worthily to hold the priesthood. I know that the priesthood has certainly changed my life and saved my life on occasion. I am so grateful for this time of year and how we can each ponder on our blessings and thank Heavenly Father for all we have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment