Wednesday, July 9, 2014

How Is Love Really Spelled?




President Dieter F. Uchtdorf of the First Presidency said it best: "Love is really spelled T-I-M-E." And, for me, love is spelled F-A-M-I-L-Y. These people have helped me through thick and thin (forgive the picture quality. It's not very good). They have always been there when I'm having a hard time. They have always been there to cheer me on. I'm so proud to be a part of these two wonderful families. I don't know where I would be without them.

Recent events have helped me realize how truly important family is to me. I mean, every family fights and argues, but everything is always okay in the end because I know that my family will always be there for me. They will always be there to cheer me on and guide me, no matter where they are.

There have been days where I am homesick since I live in Texas and my family is back in Shelley, Idaho. I didn't know how hard it was to be away from them until Chris and I were in Texas for about a week. Then, it became hard. I realized that I wasn't a kid anymore. I realized I was a grown up adult, living with my husband, hoping that we were going to be okay.

I've realized I miss my sisters, Kay, Heather, and Erin a lot more now that we are away from each other. I miss their quirkiness. I miss attempting to play volleyball or basketball with them. I miss how the three of them used to tell me all the time, "Delaney, aren't I just awesome? You should be so glad that I am your sister!" I miss how funny Kay, Heather, and Erin are (or how funny they think they are). I just really miss them. They are all such good examples to me. They are so kind and generous. They are more willing to help others than I can be sometimes. They are willing to obey our parents and Heavenly Father. All three of them have strong testimonies of the gospel. They are just amazing and I don't tell them that enough. I'm so grateful that I can say I'm their older sister.

I'm so grateful for wonderful in-laws. Before Chris and I got married, I was so nervous that my in-laws wouldn't like me. I was nervous that they wouldn't want anything to do with me, but I hit the jackpot with the in-laws. They are all so kind and generous. They quickly welcomed me into their family without hesitation. They are always there when I need them. They are good examples of being happy. My mother in law, Denise, always has a smile on her face. My father in law, Doug, is so smart. I learn a lot from him. My brother in law, Jared, is a goofball, but I just adore him. My sisters-in-law, Cindy, Lizzy, and Anna, are sweet and loving towards me.

I'm grateful for a loving ward family. My ward members have helped me so much. They've made me feel welcome and proud to live in Texas. I know that if I ever need someone, I could call my visiting teachers or the bishop and his wife and they would drop everything they were doing and help me with whatever I needed. I'm grateful for those serving in the Primary and for welcoming me in the Primary (since I play the piano). I'm thankful for the kids's example to me on how I should "become as a little child." I'm grateful for their sweet spirits and for their love of the Savior. It warms my heart to go to Primary every Sunday and play the piano for them. I love to hear the kids's voices in singing time. It makes me feel so good inside.

I'm so grateful to know that I can be with my family forever as long as I am righteous. I would be really sad if we all didn't get to be with each other for eternity. I'm grateful for the gospel in my life. It has helped me realize how important families are and how I should love my families and be proud that I am a part of them.

How did I get to be such a lucky girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment