Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My Home Away From Home

The temple is such a special place to be. I needed to work on going there more often. As sons and daughters of Heavenly Father, we have the special opportunity to be with our families not just in this life, but in the life to come. The only way we can be with our families again is if we get sealed in the temple of the Lord.

I really needed to go to the temple more often. So, I made a goal to attend the temple every other week. It was one of the greatest decisions I've ever made. I love going to the temple and learning more about my Savior, Jesus Christ. I also get to learn more about myself.

When I enter the temple and look at the name I received before doing their work, I contemplate on what that person could have been like when they were alive. After their work is finished, I wonder how they feel after knowing that their work has been finished on the earth so they can move on in the next life.

I love going to the temple, especially with my sweetheart. Our temple attendance has strengthened our marriage. It has made our personal relationships with the Savior stronger. It has made my testimony stronger. After Chris and I go through a session, we make sure we say a small family prayer of gratitude before we leave. I think that is very important for us to thank Heavenly Father for the temple and when we are inside the temple walls.
The House of the Lord has become a second home to me. It is so nice to know that I am always welcome there. I can go there any time I feel like it. I can feel Heavenly Father’s presence within the temple grounds and through the sacred work that goes on inside its walls.


What a blessing the temple has been for me in my life! I'm so thankful for the knowledge I have that I can be with my family for eternity as long as we all obey Heavenly Father and follow Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment