Thursday, June 26, 2014

Fun Facts About Buddy

Buddy is so sweet and fun to have around. It's nice having some company while Chris is at work every day. Buddy keeps me busy during the day. I thought I'd share some fun facts about our adorable puppy.

1. He loves being comfortable.


Buddy loves curling up anywhere that is soft. One time, he jumped on the bed and curled up with all the stuffed animals I have. I have a big stuffed ladybug my parents gave me and a few others in front of the pillows. Chris took a picture of it (I wished I had the picture). It was so cute. 

2. He is a mama's boy.


This is a picture Chris sent me when I went to class one evening. He sends this with a text that read, "This is him pouting." And when I came home, Chris told me, "He's been whining ever since you left." I think it is so sweet. We've decided he has separation anxiety from me (I assume it's because I'm home with him all day, every day). Poor puppy. 

3. Buddy loves watermelon.


I'm not sure how Buddy became crazy about watermelon. I think we were having dinner one evening and a piece of watermelon fell on the floor. Buddy sat down and wagged his tail. We usually make him sit or lay down before we give him a treat. After Buddy earned his reward, he gobbled it up like a bowl of ice cream. It was really cute.

4. He loves to play tug with Chris and chew on his "tug rope."



5. Like most puppies, he is a social butterfly.

I started teaching piano lessons. I only have one student, but it's a start. Her name is Danika and she is four years old. When Danika first came into our apartment, Buddy jumped on her and almost knocked her over. Poor girl. I hope I didn't scar her for life.

Every time I take him out on a walk, Buddy has to say hello to everyone. Every person we meet is considered a friend to Buddy. Chris says that he would be the worst guard dog because Buddy would just lick the person to death.

6. He loves to run around and be outside.


When Buddy is home with me, I tend to neglect this one a little bit. I don't mean to, but it seems to slip my mind. Chris and I have taught him to go straight to the door when he has to go to the bathroom which tells us that he needs to go out right then. Buddy just wants to play outside and be around other people. I feel bad because we don't have a house with a yard so he can just run around and I don't have to worry if he's going to wander off. Chris did say our next purchase will be a house for that reason and he is getting so big.

Having a puppy has been a whole new experience for me, but it has been a blast. I can't wait until my family comes down here. I wonder what they will all think of Buddy. I also wonder what they will think of me after they see me and Buddy together. Who would have thought that I would be so in love with this adorable puppy? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment