Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Long-Term Puppy Sitting

Chris and I temporarily own another puppy! Her name is Bella and she is so adorable. She's an American husky chow chow mix and one of the prettiest puppies I've ever seen. Her owner, Tiffany, is moving back to her hometown, Oregon, for about a month sometime this week. Some people would think that getting two dogs is crazy (mostly my family), but it's actually a lot easier because Buddy and Bella play together all day long. They entertain themselves and wear each other out, which is very nice. I just need to walk, feed, and clean up after them which isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Who would've thought that I'd become a dog person? If someone really close to me told me that I would have two dogs in the future and love them both to pieces, I would not have believed them! ;)

Bella is kind of a handful. She went to the bathroom a few times in our apartment. I wasn't very happy about that. Chris said it was just like starting over. We have to potty train her which means we have to walk her outside frequently (I say "we", but that usually means I will be doing all of it). We have to make sure she knows that Chris and I love her and that we are in charge.
I am curious if Buddy and Bella will get sick of each other really soon. Every time I'd see Tiffany and Bella walking outside, Buddy would get so excited and start whining until the two puppies would get tangled in their leashes (and sometimes tangle their owners too!). It was so cute seeing them play every day (well, almost every day).

I don't know what I am going to do with two dogs all day, every day, for a period of time. That's a huge responsibility, but I know I can do it. Chris and I were talking about trying to start a family a few months ago because we both really want to be parents, but having Buddy is how we started our family. I am such a dog person now, it's almost sad and scary at the same time because I was so afraid of dogs for a very long time, since probably before I was born. I remember when I was younger, I loved riding my bike around the block in our neighborhood. For a few days, this dog came out of nowhere and started chasing me every day I'd go through there. I thought it would scar me for life. I guess I was wrong. ;)
If someone would've told me when I was a little girl how everything would turn out in my life, I would've never believed them. I never thought I'd marry one of my good friend's brother. I never thought we'd be living in Texas, far away from my family. I never thought I'd grow up to be a responsible, mature adult (who are we kidding...I'm not mature! Being mature's BORING! ;)).

No comments:

Post a Comment