Sunday, April 6, 2014

Breakfast with Friends and Highlights from Conference

Chris and I had the Sister missionaries and Bruna Cristina over this morning for the first session of General Conference. Bruna's an actress. Chris and I have gone to lessons with her and the Sister Missionaries. She's a lot of fun. We all had crepes for breakfast. It was really good. I think Bruna enjoyed Conference. She had a lot of questions, which was nice. The Sisters asked her if she would be baptized on April 19 of this year. She accepted the invitation, but she still has questions that need to be answered. I really hope she gets baptized, but I guess we'll see what happens.

My favorite talk was by Elder M. Russell Ballard on following up in missionary work. He said, "Extending an invitation without following up is like planning on attending a concert and not showing up to it." I thought that was pretty profound. We need to keep working on bringing our heavenly brothers and sisters closer to Christ because God wants all of His children to come unto Him. Elder Ballard's talk really opened my eyes on how we should be missionaries of the Lord.

I've also liked the talks from quorums of the seventy. I loved a little saying by Elder Claudio D. Zivic. He said, "Being old's for old people." It made me giggle. When I was little, I never really cared to listen to them because I thought they were old. ;) When I started high school, I decided to start listening closely to their talks and it changed me. I realized that they were men of God and had important messages to give to me and the rest of the world. 

I love the feeling I get during General Conference. I know that the men who speak during this time are called of Heavenly Father. I know they love me and they love the gospel. I know God lives and Jesus is the Christ. I'm so grateful for General Conference and that I get to learn more about my Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

  1. Delaney this is great! Look at you being a missionary and following up on the counsel we received just weeks ago. That's awesome! Sounds like you guys are doing great! =)

    ReplyDelete