Friday, October 11, 2013

Update on my Schooling

The Pathway Program has been a lot of help to me. I have to work on my lessons online. There are 12 lessons. In those lessons, I have to do an Application Activity (it's like a worksheet online), a Teach a Friend (I have to teach someone I know what I've been learning. I usually teach Chris or my mom when Chris isn't home.), and I have to post my assignments on what they call a Discussion Board. So I have to post it on the Discussion Board by Wednesday and I have to respond to three of the other discussions posted on there by Saturday. I've learned a lot. It's been hard because sometimes I forget to post my assignment on time, but I've been getting better.

I had an assignment today about careers. I had to write down three careers that I am interested in and that I think I'd be very good at. I wrote down that I'd like to be a librarian in an elementary school (I used to volunteer at Riverview Elementary back home and it was one of the best jobs I've ever had.), a secretary, and an Occupational Therapist Assistant. I'm not sure what's in store for me, but I'm pretty excited about that last choice. I'm still learning about it, but it sounds like a lot of fun.

I'm very proud of what I've accomplished so far. It's been a long, hard ride, but I'm riding along with it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment