Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Spotlight Time!

I felt like I had to spotlight someone today. So, I picked my wonderful dad.

Ever since I was little, I've always been a daddy's girl. Since he's a pilot, he wasn't home as much because of his job. So, when he'd come home, it was a treat for my sisters and me. 

I have so many stories that I could tell about my awesome dad. When I was eleven years old, I had a seizure in the middle of the night and I fell out of bed (mind you, I don't move around when I sleep so that was a pretty big deal). My mom came in my room and saw me on the floor having a full blown seizure. My mother freaked out and said that she was going to call 9-1-1. Apparently (remember, I don't remember any of this happening, but I've eard it so many times), my dad stopped her and said (or something to this effect), "Wait, wait. I have to figure this out. Delaney's on the floor, she's having a seizure. The girls are in the other room. Okay go call 9-1-1!" 

My dad has always been there for me. He's a wonderful example to me. He's been a silent support and strength to me. He's is always positive about everything. I hardly ever see him get mad at anyone. He's protective, strong, and he's raised me to be a good person.





I love this picture because my mom thought it would be cute to do a funny Christmas card one time. She took pictures of everyone with their "thinking" face. It was hilarious.



I just think this picture is so funny. My silly parents. ;)
I heard this song once Carrie Underwood's album came out. This is a "Daddy/Daughter" song. It made me bawl my eyes out.



I sure hope that my dad is proud of who I've become. I hope that I am being who he and my mom have raised me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment