Sunday, December 21, 2014

Lights, Camera, and... PERFORM!

I have good news. I can cross off one other item from my bucket list! Chris, Beth, Cyrus, and I had the chance to go see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in concert yesterday evening. Chris and I wanted to do something special and fun with Cyrus before he gets deployed to Afghanistan. He's going pretty soon, but I can't remember when he is leaving or where he is being deployed to. Chris and I are really going to miss him. We thought this concert would be a fun way to spend time with him before he has to leave.

The concert was held at the AT&T Center (that is the place where most of the major events are held). There was a long line and a lot of security. I was a little surprised at how much security there was (I guess that means the Trans-Siberian Orchestra is a bigger deal than I thought they were. They are celebrities!), but it was pretty cool to watch them do their jobs. We also had assigned seats. We sat in the balcony. It was cool because you had a really good view of the whole stage. It was awesome! Oh, and forgive me for the picture overload (I had to capture every moment while I was there. This felt like one of those "once in a lifetime" opportunities). Also, please forgive the picture quality. There was a lot going on at once while they were performing so my pictures didn't turn out very well. I'm not the best picture taker anyways, but I still think they turned out okay. :) Plus, the lights make it look pretty cool, don't ya think? ;)
The orchestra played a number of familiar Christmas songs. It really put me in the Christmas mood. The few songs that I have heard before were "Wizards in Wniter" and "Christmas Canon Rock". It was awesome. True, there were only those two songs that were familiar to me, but that makes it so much more exciting to watch! :)
Waiting for the show to start!
I thought these two pictures above were my favorite. The lights were shining throughout the entire room as they were playing. It was the ultimate rock concert! ;)
I really liked this picture too! The falling snowflakes reminded me of home in Shelley, Idaho. I miss the snow during the holiday season. Here in Texas, it just gets cold.
This guy introduced the members of the band to the audience! I thought that was pretty cool. :)
They came out on these mobile stages (I'm not sure if that's the real name for them, but that's what I'm going to call them). That was pretty wicked.
After the concert, we went to Olive Garden for dinner. I shared a plate of food with Chris. It was really good.

We came home roughly around midnight which meant that I didn't get to bed until about 3:00 in the morning, but the evening was still so worth it. It was so good to see both Beth and Cyrus. I'm glad they were able to come with us to such a fantastickilicious event. Although, the most meaningful part of it all was getting to hang out with Cyrus one last time before he leaves. I am so thankful to call Cyrus my friend (and Chris's friend) and I hope that our friendship lasts for a very long time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment